A joint effort of CSSS and NASA to bring inquiry learning to the schools.
The Networking for Leadership, Inquiry and Systemic Thinking (NLIST) team has operationally defined Science as Inquiry and is using this definition to develop procedures for the alignment of instruction resources. This foundational process, for developing criteria, indicators, and a rubric, lays out the general process as to how all system elements will be developed and used for appropriately supporting the implementation of "Science as Inquiry" over time and with adequate resources.
NLIST has initiated key networking processes and is producing useful Internet products for more effective science education program implementation.
- Science as Inquiry (doc)
- Rubric for Evaluating Essential Features of Classroom Inquiry in Instructional Materials (pdf)
- Assessing IM for Inquiry Workshop (doc)
- Rubric for Evaluating Essential Features of Facilitating Classroom Inquiry (doc)
- Assessing Instruction for Inquiry Workshop (doc)
- Modifying Teaching for Inquiry (rtf)
- Professional Development Rubric (doc)
- NLIST Article (doc)